Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now I need some help. I am ready to buy a new 700r4. So, WHICH ONE??? TCI, ART CARR, PHOENIX, BOWTIE OVERDRIVES??? Help. Any input good or bad please. You never know that what is promised is actually inside!
Thanks in advance, Phil.

·
Administrator
49,364 Posts
Phil i`ve never heard anything but good about the Phoenix transmissions. They are actually located about 60 miles from me. A friend of mine has one in his 55.
Terry

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Rossler makes a good 7004 from what I have heard. you might ping them and see what they say

http://www.rosslertrans.com/index.htm

Me and brother Eric bought one of his severe duty TH210's. Its going into a 1/4 mile 68 camaro. supposedly unbreakable with a no horsepower limit rating.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a 700R4 behind my small block 350.
I don't know much about the R4's other than what I've read....there are better years than other's for strength and performance. I've heard good things about Bowtie overdrives. Do your homework and good luck.

Tom

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may have found one. I decided to try local, in my state. Found a company called Level 10. Seemed helpful, knowing, and I can go there if I have a problem. I may be going this Saturday. I'll let all know how I make out.

For the record, which model TCI do you have SG?
Phil

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I would try to find a reputable shop close to home.Check with the fellows in your car club or at the cruise nights.....they'll know who to recomend and who to steer away from.Buying local saves you the freight but more importantly,you can have your questions answered and any problems that may arise dealt with face to face.Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts