Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all,

I'm about to go back to a stock-style system, away from the mid-'90s CCI power rack I've had installed for a few years. I tossed my original Pitman arm when I did the conversion (the ball was egg-shaped anyhow) and I need to source a new one.

I recall all the issues with the CPP arm a few years ago, and there have still been a few threads in the last half year where folks have said to stay away, but I don't know if that's still valid info or if it's just a case of people having the "once bad, always bad" mindset and not having updated knowledge.

So, it looks as if the choices are CPP and Danchuk. Are these different parts? Which would you choose?

Thanks,
Shawn

·
Premium Member
15,014 Posts
Do yourself a huge favor and get a genuine original GM pitman arm. The repops make a good paperweight and that is about it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I would think the Danchuk ones are made by CraPP.
CraPP don't fix things and their rep gave up on here because he thought we gave him a hard time over poor quality and unsafe products.

As Bruce said, get a good used one.

Cheers, Des

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, folks. I have a possible line on an NOS piece, and if that doesn't work out, I will consider used.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Thanks, folks. I have a possible line on an NOS piece, and if that doesn't work out, I will consider used.
I'd take churchkey up on his offer. It wouldn't last long. I went used from a member on this fourm a few years ago. And yes you need standard steering model.:anim_25::):bowtier:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd take churchkey up on his offer. It wouldn't last long. I went used from a member on this fourm a few years ago. And yes you need standard steering model.:anim_25::):bowtier:
Yes, I understood I needed the standard model. I did buy the NOS piece, BTW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts