Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what rims are fitted to this 57 please ?

Not totally convinced they're Rallye :confused0006:

ps: double bonus score for sizes.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,791 Posts
They look like 14in rally's ? I've got two in my garage . :wavey:
70'sfreak....Don't think so....Ralley's won't take the stock '57 dog dish hubcap

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes , I think rally's have big slots. But I do have two of these wheels and for that matter a couple of old '57 210 hub caps. I try them.

·
Registered
510 Posts
my guess would be 15x7 and not ralleys for sure. probably 70s monte carlo or 70s caprice with f41 hence the 7 inch width. look too deep to be 6 inch imo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, those are stock 57 rims and probably repop 57 caps. (Have not seen caps that were original that look that good.) I sure love 150's. Regards, Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, those are stock 57 rims and probably repop 57 caps. (Have not seen caps that were original that look that good.) I sure love 150's. Regards, Steve
Thanks for the input chaps, but I'm not convinced yet.

They look like 15's to me and check out the dish on the rear wheels ?

Gennie wheels do something similar.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi, those caps (unless custom machined one off) will not fit a 15 inch wheel. I have a few originals that I tried on my 57 which have 55 15 inch wheels and they won't fit. But think as you will. Regards, Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, those caps (unless custom machined one off) will not fit a 15 inch wheel. I have a few originals that I tried on my 57 which have 55 15 inch wheels and they won't fit. But think as you will. Regards, Steve
No offence meant Steve :eek:

I'm really not sure myself that's why I asked :)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Been trying to enhance the pic but the resolution is too low...
Can't make out the size but really looks like it ends with 75 15...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
WHEELS

THEY ARE NOT STOCK 14 1957 RIMS 57 HAS NO SPACE TO SEE THROUGH THEY WOULD BE SOLID WITH THE LITTLE NIBS AROUND THE EDGE TO HOLD STOCK FULL SIZE CAPS ON

·
Registered
437 Posts
they arent 14's

Its easy to have different offset/size 15 inch wheels made.

If this car has 14 inch rims so does my chevelle!!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I played a little in Photoshop to help you find out the size of the wheels. If someone could measure the length of the Chevrolet emblem on the fender of a '57 you should be able to determine if it's a 14 or 15 inch wheel by looking at this picture. Measure the total of the emblem and also measure just the "C":

Also, compare the depth of the rims on the side view image you posted to the ones on my pictures in this thread (might give you an idea on the width of the rims):
http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50685

Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts