Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was five years old , my dream car has been a 1955 tri five. I have had one in my barn for 8 years now. I lost my mom in 2005, my brother 2007, my sister 2008 and last my dad in 2010. It's been along time in the making. This spring I what to start building the car. I have been kicking around some different way's to build the car.

1. Front half street rod garage front section with leaf spring with Caltracs.
ford 9 inch rear end or Autoweld frame with ladder bars
Motor a 555 with twin 80 mm turbo with Holley fuel injection
Carr Rossler 4l80e transmission.

2. Art Morrison , Street Rod Garage Frame or autoweld
all Aluminum Donovan motor with nitrous and 4l80 e transmission

I have always had a fast street car, I just sold a my 1966 Chevy two. It was a 8 second street car. To me my dream car will be a nice straight car , that I could drive 4 or five hundred miles an make an 8 second pass and drive home. I would put leather interior, air, console, roll cage and bad ass stereo system. I would like to make the Power Tour and Drag Week in 2015

what do think 1 or 2 ? :flag6: Thank you for your time!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Twin turbo 555

Do you actually think any auto trans will stand the assult of 1500-1800 horsepower? I don't. I think that your only option would be a Lenco trans. The King of Drag week lives about 15 miles down the road.

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Both choices sound potent.I think the turboed motor could be made more streetable based on some of the motors that i have seen built by Nelson Racing Engines. Good luck on your build and welcome to bowtie-trifive.

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
a lot will depend on your wallet. :anim_25:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which tri five would you build ?

When I was five years old , my dream car has been a 1955 tri five. I have had one in my barn for 8 years now. I lost my mom in 2005, my brother 2007, my sister 2008 and last my dad in 2010. It's been along time in the making. This spring I would like to start building the car. I have been kicking around some different way's to build the car.

1. Front half street rod garage front section with leaf spring with Caltracs.
ford 9 inch rear end or Autoweld frame with ladder bars
Motor a 555 with twin 80 mm turbo with Holley fuel injection
Carr Rossler 4l80e transmission.

2. Art Morrison , Street Rod Garage Frame or autoweld
all Aluminum Donovan motor with nitrous and 4l80 e transmission

I have always had a fast street car, I just sold a my 1966 Chevy two. It was a 8 second street car. To me my dream car will be a nice straight car , that I could drive 4 or five hundred miles an make an 8 second pass and drive home. I would put leather interior, air, console, roll cage and bad ass stereo system. I would like to make the Power Tour and Drag Week in 2015

what do think 1 or 2 ? :flag6: Thank you for your time!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts