Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished my interior install and thought you may like to see the finished product.I bought an entire interior from Ciadilla. I did all the install myself. I want to put a plug for Gina at Ciadilla. When I called and said I wanted a stock 57 chevy interior in white she said "No Problem" and was wonderful to work with. They delivered my interior in 6 weeks.

I asked my wife what she thought about the interior. She said she didn't like white because I will get it dirty but she thought I did a good job. My sister-in-law said it looks sexy. Of course, both women are correct, I did a good job and it is sexy!

Untitled by dano_1977, on Flickr
front_seat3 by dano_1977, on Flickr

Before picture

Dano

·
Administrator
48,482 Posts
Looks great and I commend you on doing an excellent job.

My current interior from a previous owner is white and I don't care for it...Too hard to keep clean for me..."She said she didn't like white because I will get it dirty"....Agree with your wife here.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks absolutely fantastic; and more proof that a classy interior doesn't have to come with the price tag and the headache of a custom shop. A very bold color choice - one I love looking at, but don't have the guts to try. Great job!
JR

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
Very nice job you did. I like the white against the yellow alot. I do agree with others, it's bound to show the dirt earlier then other colors. I think I would use a flat sheet to cover the front seat when I drive it. Take it off when I get to the show or cruise, Carmine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Looks awesome 👍
I also have a white interior. Some advice for you. Clean it after every use!
Don't sit on it with blue jeans on at all!
Get a big white beach towel to sit on.
Towel needs to be white so no ink or dies can transfer to the seat and you can tell when its dirty.
Todd

·
Premium Member
10,224 Posts
WOW! What a great job. I love the white, would not have the guts to do it myself, but that looks great. More then that, I love the fact you did it yourself. Congratulations.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I like white seats, they stay cool in the summer. I had a '60 Chevy with white seats, one of my favorites. Everything else was red. If you're like me, the headliner was the worst part, everything else was not all that difficult. Looks nice!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I did do the headliner myself. I did it over the labor day weekend. When I first put it up, it looked really bad. I thought I would never get the wrinkles out. I went back into the house and watched the youtube video a few times. The next day I went back out with my hair dryer and tried again. I walked away a few times and took several breaks. Slowly I worked all the wrinkles out. You have to heat and stretch and heat and stretch. It also took some time to install the moldings. Its difficult to find the screw holes. In fact I installed new tack strips and this hid all the holes. I had to find the holes and then I used a drill to make bigger holes in the tack strip. It is defiantly true that the headliner is the hardest part of the job. Dano

·
Registered
65,622 Posts
pro looking job, beautiful Dano. :tu -------> what you do after lunch?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Looks awesome 👍
I also have a white interior. Some advice for you. Clean it after every use!
Don't sit on it with blue jeans on at all!
Get a big white beach towel to sit on.
Towel needs to be white so no ink or dies can transfer to the seat and you can tell when its dirty.
Todd
Yikes! Sounds almost like a trailer queen!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yikes! Sounds almost like a trailer queen!
It's never been on a trailer. Not that there's anything wrong with a trailer queen. I do get asked sometimes if I trailer it. Mine is just a weekend driver/show/cruise in car. I like to keep it clean(spotless as possible). I can't afford to redo it.
Todd

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good job. Good luck with keeping it clean. I like the look of a white interior but would worry about getting it dirty. Would highly recommend using something like Scotchguard to help keep it looking good.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It's never been on a trailer. Not that there's anything wrong with a trailer queen. I do get asked sometimes if I trailer it. Mine is just a weekend driver/show/cruise in car. I like to keep it clean(spotless as possible). I can't afford to redo it.
Todd
It must be spotless if people ask that. That's cool, I'm just not one to keep up with something like that.

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
Looks stunning! I'm really digging the contrast with yellow exterior.
Kinda 'return to macon county' vibe, excellent job :congrats:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Here is my story about white interior. In 1965 I bought a new Chevelle SS. It was in August and Chev had stopped making new 65's as they were tooling up for the 66 introduced in September. As I looked at dealer inventory for a 65 I passed up on 3 different L79 cars as they all had white interior and I wanted black interior. My reasoning was I was working in construction back then and a white interior car was going to show dirt more than a black one. I would like to relive that time now as 65 L79 cars are very rare and coveted. A white interior would have been great. I did get a black interior 65 but not with the L79 engine.

Looking at this 57 with it's white interior today I must say it is a beautiful car. Very nice what you have done... Al

1 - 20 of 31 Posts