Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many are running white letter tires vs black walls or white walls? I'm used to cooper cobras or radial t/a's but see most pics here are of black walls.
Just curious and am thinking of getting tires soon.
Thanks

68,758 Posts
my 56 has cobras, 55 white walls. :) can check them out in my albums.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
RWL BFG's out on Centerlines my '55. I'll be installing new Torq Thrust D's and new tires haven't decided yet on whether to have BW or RWL out on the new rims.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
RWL are not to be put on any car that the wife and my kids drive, they always end up as white walls on the right side. I swear they think the tires are feelers for parking!!!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I like the looks of raised white letters but my tires don't have that option.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
I have RWL on mine as well - much like Terry.
I bought these tires during the Taft administration. -but still like the look! -this particular set is long gone though.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
...where were you in "72"...

How many are running white letter tires vs black walls or white walls? I'm used to cooper cobras or radial t/a's but see most pics here are of black walls.
Just curious and am thinking of getting tires soon.
Thanks
very popular in mid 70's to early 80's, but depending on look your after, it's really up to you. BDR:confused0006:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I guess it's a matter of personal tastes. I ditched the raised white letter Cooper Cobras and put BF GOODRICH TA Radials with black walls out.
I like the clean appearance of black walls. :) Danny

Before and after pictures.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Blackwalls for me please and thank you... Easier to clean and they go with any style build... Later, Dave

·
Registered
611 Posts
White lettered tires for me next time! People have to buy flashier and fancier rims to make up for the boring black wall. Nothing says performance like white letter tires!!! They even brighten up old dingy rims!

The problem these days are that they don't have any radial tires for 17+ rims, I have been hearing from tuner and new camaro guys they would love to put white lettered tires on but they don't make them there size YET!

My two cents

1 - 20 of 31 Posts