Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new thread was posted on torque converters and it made me remember the one and only ticket(day is still young but wont be driving any of my cars today :sign0020:) I got shortly after I finished my 69 BB Camaro with 500+ HP.The cop was parked in a blind spot in my former sleepy town.I knew never to speed in my neighborhood as there were more cops than crimes.I was driving my 2800-3200 stall turbo 400 Camaro and approaching a small bridge and a traffic light less than 100 feet away and still in first gear.The cop pulled me over just after the traffic light.He said "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "No" and he said my motor was over-reving.I attempted to explain my drive train configuration yet it fell on deaf ears.I also told him and the Explorer he had with him that I have not even been pulled over in 20+ years of everyday driving.I hired a "Ticket Clinic" attorney to fight the so called speeding ticket of 51 in a 30 MPH zone.I went back to the scene multiple times in my truck to re-in-act the same senerio but could not without becoming airborne.The attorney said to plead out to save money and I thought that the lazer report was fudged.Nearly impossible to go over that bridge at 51 MPH and stop at a red light without skidding.It bothered me for a long time as I know I was Innocent.So what`s your stories?

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
I'm gonna condense this story as much as I can. 26 years ago I was 14 and pedaled my moms bike to a church youth group meeting. The meeting lasted after dark, so when it was over a 16 year old friend of mine offered to give me and my bike a ride home in his Dads pickup and I accepted. My parents expected me home after the meeting but my bud had a girlfriend across town he HAD to see " wont take 5 minutes". We ended up in the woods and I drove while my pal & his girl did whatever in the bed of the truck. As we came back to the highway, they got back in on the passenger side and told me to keep driving while they made out on the other side of the seat. We came out of the woods about 2 miles from her house. I had barely got in 3rd gear when blue lights filled my rearview mirror. It seems the tags were out on the truck. I knew my a$$ was grass. I told the trooper I didnt have my wallet ( true-my shorts didnt have any pockets..why would I need a wallet anyway I was only 14) and I gave him my true name & birthdate when he asked and ran my name over the radio. License chek came back negative. "How long have you had a license son?" " Just got them friday afternoon, sir" "OK, that probably explains why they are not on record yet" He gave me a ticket for failure to have my license with me. My Dad took me and the ticket to the courthouse to make everything honest, but had a change of heart and paid the ticket. We have the same name and I didnt tell the cop I am a jr. The D.A. didnt catch the diffrence in birthdates when he looked at my ticket and verified Dad's license. I paid the ticket with my own money, got one heck of a restriction, and I didnt drive anything for a long time.

·
Registered
67,732 Posts
should haven't gotten a few when I was younger, but never did. :confused0024:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
My last ticket was over 25 years ago (June 1988) and that was 2 1/2 years before I bought my 56... I did have a young policeman follow me into the driveway but he was an old car fan and just wanted to talk/look at my 56... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I will just say 2 drag racing offenses both ammended to Reckless Driving before I was 18. There is not enough space to jot down all my traffic violations. John Milner had nothing on me :sign0020: Luckily I never hurt anyone but myself. I was addicted to street racing and was good at it. Between the Law and my Dad I learned, but boy was I stubborn and stooopid..

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
not speeding but ,i just got one last week was driving in the great state of ct, i am from ny, to go look at a job. was using my gps got in to the town of Ridgefield my gps started to beep low battery . wile at the stop light i reached down and plugged in the cord in to the gps on the dash to give it some charge well a police officer stepped out in front of my truck and pointed to pull over. when asked for my info i said what did i do . he said i had a electronic mobil device in my hand it is against the law to do so in this state, he said i dont know how it is in ny but here you can't do so. i shook my head, i can understand if i was on a phone. any way 125.00 later. i haven't gotten a ticket in over 20 years not even a parking ticket. my thought is all theses municipality's need money and they will do anything to get it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
My first 55 when I was 16. Got to meet a metro Dade Officer.

1) no tag/illegal tag (made up a lost tag sign)
2) No registration
3) open exhaust
4) illegal start(burn out)
5) no lisc on me
6) Illegal tires (set of cheetahs)

All this happened in front of my house

I did not think she would ever stop writing. Had my lics for 2 months and thought I would never see I again. Went to court and she was a no show. Judge still reamed my butt for 15-20 minutes and dismissed the charges. Never told my ol man. I would have taken jail over telling him.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Got the $475 red light camera ticket in mine, doing a California rolling stop turning right on a "alleged" red light. The funny part of it was when the camera took the picture, it caught the light between colors, the light wasnt red, but it wasnt yellow either. I challenged it, and got a dismissal of the ticket.

What do you mean I ran a red light?:sign0020:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Back in the early 70s, I was driving my '57 South on I-5 through central California, headed to Mexico. The road is long and straight, and there's nothing around.
I had a 283 with a 30-30 cam and 11 1/2 to 1 compression ratio pistons, and a Borg Warner T-10 four speed, but with tall rear end gears (3.31?) left over from a PowerGlide.
The speed limit was 70, but I was going 80 to 90 for a long, long time.
I was in the right lane, and every once in a while, a car would creep up on me in the left lane, so I'd speed up to 90+ each time and lose him.
Finally, he approached again in my lane, and this time I didn't speed up. Oops. It was a California Highway Patrol officer.
He was nice, and only gave me a $65 ticket. But by the time I got back home from the trip to Mexico, it had doubled to $130.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
My one and only ticket was back in 1989. I had just bought a new Buick Somerset w/5 speed trans. It was the first car I had ever seen with a digital dash. Everyone thought it was the coolest thing they had seen. My wife and I were cruising down the hwy when I spotted a trooper sitting behind a knoll. I glanced down at the dash and the speedo said 74 and I said crap. When he pulled me over, he said I clocked you at 74 mph. I couldn’t help but tell him that his radar was dead on the money. Somehow I thought he out be impressed with my digital dash, but he wasn’t.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts