Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trouble is there hasn't been any good one's since Lonesome Dove, and that was just a mini series. My parents let me sit up Sunday nights and watch Gun Smoke, still my favorite series. The acting wasn't that great but, the characters grew on you.

[VIDEO]MsU6nbgyR3o&feature=related[/VIDEO]

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Gotta love those old Westerns... I grew up watching Wild Bill Hichock & Jingles, The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, Gene Autrey, The Rifleman, Paladin, Wanted Dead Or Alive, Rin Tin Tin and others I can't remember the names of... I have a small collection of toy guns like the ones I played with as a young cowpoke back in the 50's... Later, Dave

·
Registered
951 Posts
I'm of a later generation than you guys. I do like westerns though. Some of my favorite Western Movies would be:

Early:

Spaghetti Westerns with Clint Eastwood (I liked them all)

Later:
Dances With Wolves
Last of the Mohicans
Unforgiven
Young Guns
TOMBSTONE
Open Range
Apaloosa
3:10 to Yuma

TV:
Bonanza (I can still hear the theme song in my head lol)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I still watch Bonanza and Gunsmoke once or twice a week, while eating my lunch before going to work. Drives my wife nuts!

:sign0020:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
After work every week day I wath
The Virginian
Have Gun Will Travel
Gunsmoke
Mavrick and switched with Bonanza

I also beg to differ about the bad acting on Gunsmoke..One of the Best of all time..in its day in won all sorts of awards. It was also a series that suffered from the too much violence on TV folks. In the Begining Matt Does his gun Fight and shot and killed at least 3 people per episode. Thanks to some people the Whole Begining had to chenge (No more Gun fight in the begining, and no more people being killed (Matt must have become a crack shot) as everyone was winged later in the Series..LOL

I also likes to watch BRANDED with Chuck Conners whn I was a Kid...Altho he was better as the Rifleman.

Anyone remember HIGH CHAPERRAL. It was filmed in a little western town outside of Tucson Arizona called "Old Tucson". Many a Famous Western movie was filmed there!!!

·
Administrator
50,519 Posts
Anyone remember HIGH CHAPERRAL.
Yep i remember that one too. Watched them and still watch some on tv land today.
Terry

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
I watch Gunsmoke every day from 5 to 6 o'clock.Saturday at 1 then Roy Rogers for an hour followed by 2 hours of Rawhide.(boy,Clint Eastwood was a baby)then @ 5 one more hour of Gunsmoke.:party0031:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I grew up on them. Favorites were:
Rifleman
Big Valley
Bonanza
Have Gun Will Travel
Raw Hide
Back then I didn't like GunSmoke, but now what it and I like it.

New Ones too
Its funny my girls (11 and 8) like the Rifleman. Cool Times

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
No mention of John Wayne?

Gotta love Rooster

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.