Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying new quarter panels for my 55 hardtop sooner or later. Many people say they are unhappy with the fit of the Golden Star panels. I'm just wondering how many diffrent choices I have and which is the better option?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The GS sedan full quarter panels are pieces of junk IMO. Do a search and you will see most people who bought them agree with me. If your not picky and do not care how crappy the section at the rear bumper and wheel well look and the crown is no where near OEM, trunk gutter, a section at the wind opening will need to bent, etc., etc., etc. then they may work for you.

If I was you I would buy the Sherman hardtop quarter which are more like the OEM but you will need to use a section of the old quarter panel under the window at the paint divider. Use the search option to find the instructions. :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
The panels that come from Restoration World are Golden Star. When I bought mine from them they alerted me that they had some issues with them. I was told the company was going to retool. You should call Restoration World to see if in fact they retooled for the 55 2dr ht panels. If they didn`t, I would stay away from them. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
38,740 Posts
The Sherman/EMI 55 quarter panels have a lot of problems too. Rocker area not bent fully, door jam and wheel arch not crisp, other minor things. I am told that 56 Sherman panels aren't the right length even.

I think there are only 2 manufacturers for full quarters, but there are many retailers. Sherman/EMI and Golden Star. Sherman/EMI only makes hardtop quarters, but they can be modified to fit the rest. Golden Star makes both sedan and hardtop quarters for 55s, possibly eventually will for the others.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
"Not so" Golden Star re-tooled the hardtop quarter around the door jam, they did not change the sedan quarter. What's really funny is when I asked Restoration World if GS changed the sedan quarter he's reply was, change what they are perfect.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The guy I bought my hardtop body from said he bought Golden Star quarter panels for his biuld and they fit like crap. I just bought a rear 10" trunk panel made by golden star and it dosent look good at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.