Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to do a few more things and my '56 will be track-ready! I've got a '56 210 4-door with a 383 stroker with a TH350 and 4:11's. I've never run the car before so I don't really know what i'll run in the 1/4, so I thought it would be cool to get a Pass-Time thing going to see if anyone can guess what she'll run. I should get to the track sometime in the next few weeks. Also I'd appreciate any tips from you guys, being that i've never ran at the strip before :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
my guess is about 13.40 @ 104 mph:eek:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Need more info on the specifics of the motor to hazard any kind of decent guess. What convertor also?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'm not going to take a guess. But since you've never ran a car on a drag strip... I will suggest that you make several runs down the strip to get comfortable before you really run your car to see what she will do.... Ahhh heck I will guess. 13.94 @ 97mph :smile:

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Unknown Variables.....?

I just need to do a few more things and my '56 will be track-ready! Also I'd appreciate any tips from you guys, being that i've never ran at the strip before :embarassed:
I'll guess 13.65 @ 102mph, however, in addition to the driver, there are too many other variables, i.e.

Is that 4:11 a posi...?
What's your rear tire width...?
roll-out or diameter...?
stall converter...?
Is that stroker carbed or injected...?
Do you know the HP..?

Provide this info and it will help, but it's still not an exact science...

As far as advice at the track, with no light assist, as soon as the Yellow comes on, I always counted in my head..."one thousand...ONE" and hit the gas on ONE. I very rarley broke out, you just have to develop your own rythem during time trials, and you'll get the hang of it. Good Luck!! BDR

·
Registered
722 Posts
17.60. first time at the track. i would assume way to much rear gear, tranny will not shift at that high a rpm unless its been worked. its a heavy car. wheel spin at launch. :tongue:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's got a 4bbl carb, and the guy who built the motor estimated "In the 300 range" so I don't know if it's got 305hp or 395hp. I have 245/40/R14 tires in the back, I think that's about 9" wide? I don't know about the converter but the trans has a shift kit in it.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Probrably depends on how much lead you have in your shoe.......LOL

But being a first timer down the strip, I would guess in the high 14's and somewhere in the 90mph range.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
More info on specific engine stuff is needed. I don't think it will run anywhere close to a 13 with street tires. I'd say 15s all day long on street tires. I have drag raced healthy street cars for 20+ years. Slicks are the cure all/fix all for a fast street car. I tested a carb swap on the track the same day with a 600 Edelbrock to a 750 Holley double pumper and went straight to 13.80 from Edelbrocks 14.30. A set of slicks gave me a full second.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was thinking mid to high 14's myself, I can't wait to finally take my Chevy down the strip! So any tips for launching an automatic?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts