Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I'm sorry but I do not have pictures of the following story.

So, I'm driving along some South Carolina and North Carolina back roads just taking in the sights and breathing some fresh air when I passed a used car lot. From the corner of my eye I spotted a few classics so I slowed down and to take a better look. I had really no intentions of stopping until I got to the end of the row and saw a 55 Chevy sitting there. Instantly the brakes came on and I flipped around and as I drove into the lot, sitting in a sea of new boring cars was a 55 Chevy four door sedan that had a few custom modifications such as disc brakes and a newer engine. I would classify the car as a nice driver, maybe not a show winner but could be with some minor work. But that's not the amazing part. The amazing part happened when the salesmen came over and we started talking cars, specifically tri fives. He asked if I had one and I told him I did and then he turned to another guy on the lot and asked, "Can I show him?" The other guy said yes and we were off to a warehouse building at the back of the lot. He opened to door and waived me by for me to go in first and when I stepped through I almost fainted. Inside were two 55 Chevys and two 56 Chevys that I can only describe as not just show winners but show stealers. I mean, these cars were absolutely AMAZING! Custom paint, wheels, tires, huge high HP engines with everything chromed, custom upholstery...just sitting in a warehouse. Easily upwards of 75K to well over 100K cars. Not being driven...nice light coat of dust. I studied each one as he gave me the rock star access scoop on all of them from what was in it to the type of paint on it. He said the owner of the shop is a tri five nut and loves restoring them. All in all he had seven tri fives around the lot and more at home. No 57's. All 55's and 56's. I had a nice chat with the guy and was really glad I stopped to say hello!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Jealous? No - - (Lie)

It never ceases to amaze me how these TriFives keep showing up in the most bizarre places - they appear to be everywhere! Man, wouldn't we love to have that Warehouse! :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
neat story WD. What town were you in.

·
Registered
66,301 Posts
cool story, thanks for sharring. :party0031:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Sounds like a good day. :tu Thanks for sharing. Watchdog... you lived up to your name. :sign0020:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts