Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
A '57 came with 14" wheels, these are 15". So they will not be " factory size" for a '57, but they will fit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i won't have to modify anything? Will there be any clearance issues when I try to mount the tires

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
They should fit without modifications. The tires are another thing. What size tires are you going to put on them?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have 15"x7" w/4" backspace with 225/75/15 tires on one of my '57 150s. Plenty of clearance front and back. I used '70s original 15" GM wheels. My comments after looking at the Summitt wheels (1) I do not like the dual (10 holes) lug patterns (2) what, if any, hub caps do you intend to use? Original full wheel covers will not fit 15" wheels and, if the Summitt photo is a true representation of the wheel, it does hot have the nubs for the small or dog dish hub caps and will not fit.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I just went through this wheel business looking for wheels to clear the rotors for disc brakes. I ended up doing 14 X 6 rally wheels. I was able to keep my white wall tires. I really don't like the 10 hole wheels.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts