Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website or somewhere i can get a copy of a original window sticker. Also is there a website where i can give my vin and see what dealer the car was sold at originally? thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website or somewhere i can get a copy of a original window sticker. Also is there a website where i can give my vin and see what dealer the car was sold at originally? thanks for any information.
Wouldn't that be nice. :)

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,453 Posts
Window sticker example

Does anyone have an example on how a window sticker was filled out. I would like to generate one for my car as it was when it left the factory. I have the specs and pricing but no idea on how it looked with the information printed out

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
The law mandating new car window stickers did not apply to Tri-Five cars as it didn't go into effect until January 1959. Tri-Fives either had no sticker, or only a dealer-made one. Strictly speaking, a modern style window sticker is incorrect.

Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
This is supposedly an example of a 1956 sticker

And this is supposedly an example of a generic pre-1959 sticker

I say "supposedly" because there is apparently no verifiable photographic evidence from the period to show an actual sticker on a car before 1959.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts