Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished wet sanding and buffing the passenger door. Now I'm ready to start installing the guts. But, I have a question on the U channel weather strip. I am refering to the lower metal channel that bolts inside with a stud and nut. The metal channel looks to have holes for staples to be inserted (which came with the U channel) and you use the staples (?) to affix the U channel weather strip whisker to the metal. I know some of you have glued your channel in, but I assume this was the upper portions by the window. Or, have you guys also glued the lower portion in? I did finally get three staples inserted, but I wasn't sure if I put them in correct (see pic). The flat back of staple is in groove and I bent the ends on the outside, but will the window hit, rub or rattle against these. Maybe there is more clearance than I think between the channel and vent channel on other side of window.
Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was wondering. I thought someone had glued all of theirs. Has anyone used the staples and had the staples interfere with the edge of window?

·
Registered
911 Posts
tj, there is more clearance than you think there would be and I can't believe that the glass would ever hit a staple. The windows do not fit super tight in the channels. I rivited all of my channels and I just put one rivit down towards the bottom of the metal channel and I don't think the glass even gets down that far. I have not have any problems with the pop rivits. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. I'll leave it. I still have to do the other side. But, I want to do them the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts