Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got the message from danchuk to day when i placed another order and checked on my lowers i ordered w out wiper holes , only to find ou tthat they lost the supplier. does anyone know of another source to get them, or a way to make them, as i have already filled the holes in the body bowtie-trifive

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,383 Posts
Very interesting concept, jt! What sort of wiper setup will you be using? Happy Motoring,....Harry
Sounds like no wipers to me Harry :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya thats the one i ordered from danfluck but there supplier discontinued it. goin no wipers. so wata i do now

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Can you weld stainless or know someone that does it? You could get another used set and cut the sections out and weld them in. Need to be sure of the series or grade of stainless wire/rod as original stainless though. I want to say it's 300 but not 100%. If its not the same series or grade welding wire or rod, it will appear goldish on reworked area. I have never welded stainless but I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Sounds like no wipers to me Harry :)

:confused0024:No wipers?!? At all?!? Holy Guacamole...... Guess I'm 40 years behind the times.

I cannot even begin to get my mind wrapped around that. I thought there might be some sort of aftermarket wiper setup like those on the newer cars and the wiper escutcheons needed to be repositioned or some such thing.

Old man mumbling to self hobbles off leaning on his cane......

Harry

·
Administrator
70,785 Posts
Can you weld stainless or know someone that does it? You could get another used set and cut the sections out and weld them in. Need to be sure of the series or grade of stainless wire/rod as original stainless though. I want to say it's 300 but not 100%. If its not the same series or grade welding wire or rod, it will appear goldish on reworked area. I have never welded stainless but I'm sure someone will chime in.
That would be your best bet, cut & shunt the pieces you need, it can be done but not too sure on the $$$

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,383 Posts

·
RIP 06-08-2022
8,304 Posts
This is what I learned after posting a thread on the same subject.One Co. does reproduce them and the stainless is very thin and a bad fit.The member in Texas has tried unsuccessfully to weld in patches but to no avail.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks yall i stumbled, prolly literally lastnight, onto the ecklers ones. are they the ones that are thin or another companys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.