Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Thought I would begin to plan the work on the windshield wiper system this week. The entire unit is disassembled and out of the car. It works fine. No problems before it was taken out.

What is the best approach to simply cleaning up these components? The cable could look better as well as the other pieces. But, sometimes it is best to just leave things alone.

The wiper motor will be same color as body color. It needs cleaning. How to do this without causing damage?

Are there recommended cleaning solutions or techniques to make them close to looking good again?

Thanks in advance!

DonC.

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Don as far as the cables you will never see them unless you are in the floor board looking up under the dash. As far as the motor i`d try cleaning it with a brass brush. And you can clean up the outer part of the drum bracket that is on the outside of the firewall and paint it.
Terry.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terry,

Thanks again Terry. Although I should point out that there have been a few time in my life that when I awoke I was on the floor board!

See'ya,

DonC.
(home tomorrow!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
My washer motor was not connected when i bought my 57. Maybe you can give me a hint on how it gets connected. One wire to the risister, and the cable gets hooked on the side. Is there a vacuum hose that connect too?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dennis...mine was not mounted either. This being my first project I have to rely on shop manuals for that info. Should return home this weekend. If I can find the info you are looking for , I will post it here.

DonC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts