Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
On my '55 4dr, the passenger windshield wiper's cable is broken. I see that it broke off of at the ferrule. I'm thinking of cutting a small section of the cable behind the original ferrule and splicing in a new length using 2 ferrules. Is there a better cost effective fix? Also, is there a separate race that the cable sits in on the wiper post or is it in with the driver's side cable?

Thanks, Rog

·
Administrator
66,188 Posts
THey are available to buy try bambam or hotrodhandyman their may even be a set in the the classifieds.

There is a nack to replacing I had a pita of a time replacing one a few years ago :anim_25:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I replaced both of mine a while back. I sent both transmissions to: Cliff's Classics Chevy, Portland,OR. They are a professional business been around 35 yrs. the trans came back they were excellent. R&R is a bit of work but very do-able with a helper on outside and you under the dash. E-mail me if you need extra info. Hope this helps.
Dennis

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the wiper cable problem, I was just going to put the cable back over the drive post and connect it back together by splicing in an additional length of cable with a couple of ferrules.
I just wanted to know if both cables occupy the same race on the wiper drive post. By looking at it, it seems to be the case.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,746 Posts
On the wiper cable problem, I was just going to put the cable back over the drive post and connect it back together by splicing in an additional length of cable with a couple of ferrules.
I just wanted to know if both cables occupy the same race on the wiper drive post. By looking at it, it seems to be the case.
As long as the ferrules don't have to run around the drum or transmission, I should think that you will be okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts