Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 57 Belair electric wipers only travel down half way down the windshield and they park half way down as well. Is there a way to adjust this? I think they are only running on low speed as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My 57 Belair electric wipers only travel down half way down the windshield and they park half way down as well. Is there a way to adjust this? I think they are only running on low speed as well.
How do you get the arms off the posts?

·
Administrator
65,352 Posts
There are some posts directly on this.
You will need to check under the dash the condition of the transmission wires, how loose they are, once right you can lube them, there are two nuts holding the transmission posts these brackets are on either end of the dash they may need to be tightened.
The wipers are pushed onto the wiper posts, the two splines line up so the wipers can be pushed on.
Just get the wipers to work and park first, then work on the speed, this could be the cable is not engaging the motor slide control on the wiper motor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are some posts directly on this.
You will need to check under the dash the condition of the transmission wires, how loose they are, once right you can lube them, there are two nuts holding the transmission posts these brackets are on either end of the dash they may need to be tightened.
The wipers are pushed onto the wiper posts, the two splines line up so the wipers can be pushed on.
Just get the wipers to work and park first, then work on the speed, this could be the cable is not engaging the motor slide control on the wiper motor.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,994 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another issue I have is not being able to adjust the cable end to the wiper motor. I believe the cable clamp is stripped. Where can I get a replacement?

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
Just fyi, my wipers sweep about 75% of an entire arc, not reaching the bottom rest position until switched off.

And they do operate at both speeds, but the switch is a bit stiff so it can only move from off to fast – and then back to slow if needed. (I have posted about this previously and will fix one day!)

·
Premium Member
4,580 Posts
Can an admin please remove the duplicate above?

Can an admin please remove the duplicate above?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts