Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased an electric wiper motor replacement as my stock unit has had it. This part replaces the cable actuated "switch" with an electrical one and I understand I can put my existing knob on it for a stock look (I haven't received the motor yet).

I'm going to be adding a basic windshield washer system as well and was wondering if I could get a combination switch to replace the one that comes with the motor.

When I look at the literature on-line, it looks like the switch that comes with the motor has four terminals on the back. If I do my math, that says 1-power, 2-low speed, 3-high speed and 4-?????? Does anyone know if the switch that comes with that motor has the extra terminal for washer capability? I assume it would be such that turning past the high position or push in would activate that other terminal and I could just hook it up to the washer pump.

If that switch doesn't have it, does anyone have an idea if I could just use this one????

http://www.americanclassic.com/Google_Base_HTML_Pages/WS63-2-1963.htm

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Joe, the link you showed does not have a descripton, or a wiring dia. But, it does say "with washer". I assume the 4th terminal is used for the washer, with a push-in shaft to send power to the washer pump. It has to be a momentary sw. that you hold in. If you use one of the speed terminals, it would pump as long as the wipers were on. Probaly best to contact the supplier. Another option would be a separate momentary sw. mounted elsewere.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pops!!!

That intermittent switch is probably the one i'll get if the one that comes with the motor doesn't have the push-button washer capability. The one I had a link to would probably work, but this one from new port engineering looks like it's much more likely to be compatible and it's basically the same price. This should do the trick. THANKS AGAIN.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts