Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm looking for the correct replacement wiper motor for my 55 4dr belair. I need to replace it and the control. I will be putting in a 350 engine with electronic ignition and am wondering if the distributor will be an issue with the wiper motor placement. If there won't be an issue then I can purchase any of the quality replacement motors. If there is an issue, is there a smaller or flatter motor or maybe a relocation possibility?
Much Obliged,
Rog

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
It should not be a big deal. I am running a 350 with a hei dist. It is a full size dist. It can be a hassle , but it fits. There is also a small body hei out there. If it gets to be a problem you can just remove the wiper motor and put it back when you are done.

As far as a wiper motor or repairs, you might try contacting BAM BAM (member).

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
If you use a Raingear replacement system, it eliminates the motor on the firewall altogether and places it under the dash. It also gives you two speeds and intermittent for more money,

·
Administrator
66,076 Posts
Make sure that the engine mounts are positioned so that the distributor and rocker covers are easily removed from the engine :anim_25:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts