Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working through the wiring issues on Alice (57 4dr Hdtp) for the last few months. I've chased them all down to the engine compartment. The wiring pictured was typical of the entire car.

In the picture shown there are at least 10 major issues. The one corrected (a wire nut) was removed before the picture was taken because it was too graphic for this site.

Can you see the wiring flaws you'd like to eliminate?

Attachments

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Looks like they have picked up a +12V directly from the battery & then fused.

What were they trying to control, theres a relay wired in etc.

Your going about it the right way one problem at a time. Whats happening now?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This little project is re-wiring an electric cooling fan on the radiator. There is a toggle switch at the dash wired with lamp cord to the relay. :)

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts
I've been working through the wiring issues on Alice (57 4dr Hdtp) for the last few months. I've chased them all down to the engine compartment. The wiring pictured was typical of the entire car.
I would have started with a new harness. If it had to have that many "repairs", the remaining wiring could not be in very good shape.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

In the picture shown there are at least 10 major issues. The one corrected (a wire nut) was removed before the picture was taken because it was too graphic for this site.

Can you see the wiring flaws you'd like to eliminate?
At least it's clean! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts