Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again
I am shopping around for a wiring kit to upgrade my 57 with. The car will not get anything fancy done to it but I want to run a stereo H4 headlights and aircon.
What have people used with success?? Also if I relocate the alternator to the passenger side of the car will it interfear with the battery ??
Also if people can let me know what sort of time it took to install the new wiring and if any special tools where required.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
918 Posts
hi i just a kit from EZ wiring for $175.00 on my 55 chevy you can find then on ebay and theres a phone number you can call if you need help with your install and i would buy a new light and high beam switch also from them. when i install in my car the lights kept turning off .because my old light switch kept getting hot

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I started the install of a Rebel Wire kit in the Sedan delivery and will buy another kit for the 56.
The Rebel Wire kit is less than $150 but comes with no connectors so I bought the connectors at Autozone. I admit that painless/AAW & EZ wire are a little easier but if your on a budget as I am Rebel works just fine.

·
Administrator
49,952 Posts
Paul
lots of us here at tri-5 are using the AAW classic up date kit, including myself
giv them a toot, ask for Donnie

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Hi again
I am shopping around for a wiring kit to upgrade my 57 with. The car will not get anything fancy done to it but I want to run a stereo H4 headlights and aircon.
What have people used with success?? Also if I relocate the alternator to the passenger side of the car will it interfear with the battery ??
Also if people can let me know what sort of time it took to install the new wiring and if any special tools where required.
Thanks
Paul
It's got a lot to do with a complely original car or modified. American Autowire has a real nice kit, but exspensive. Has everything you need to rewire your car. I've installed many, and I like the 'universal' type kits such as EZ Wireing. Doesn't have the switches, pigtails, etc., that Autowire has, but a hellva lot cheaper. All of them are easy to install, with great instructions, but all take a lot of time. It's according to how much you drink or smoke! It should take 2 or 3 days if you make it neat. Faster if the front sheetmetal is off the car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I used AAW, everything complete, very good instructions and never had to make a trip to the parts store. Cranked up first try. Took a couple evenings working late on it. Charles :wavey:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can anybody tell me if I put a altenator on the car and it goes on the right hand side if my battery needs to be moved ??
I want to fit a new power steer pump and boosted brakes so the gen/pump set up is in the way

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,763 Posts
Actually, there is no need to move the alternator to the RH side....Plenty of room for alternator, P/S pump and brake booster.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used crazy lights and I'am very happy. He sells on e-bay only,a friend used AAW, and you could not tell the difference. I think crazy lights wiring is made by AAW. Check him out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts