Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had fuel injection before via a Holley Sniper EFI on the SBC, both supply and return were run on the passenger side.. Used a take pump via Tanks Inc, external fuel filter.

Going forward I plan on ditching most of the return line since I will be using the corvette fuel filter/regulator.
- I would prefer to not try to move the supply line to the drivers side as re-bending that would probably be a PITA.

Thinking about putting in the LS3, the fuel intake is on the drivers side. Trying to determine where I should cross over the fuel line to the driver's side.
I could flip the fuel rail around so the inlet is on the passenger side but I am not too keen on that as it would move the fuel line towards the front the engine and I am thinking about getting a site of corvette style engine covers which will kill that.

So what did you guys do, how did you route your fuel line(s)?

Thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
Probably easier to run new bit of fuel line, it is pretty easy to bend.

Mine us run along the chassis rail (stock V8 location) behind the engine then to a flex line.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Black_57, Use copper nickel hard line instead of stet. It’s easier to hand bend using a spring slipped over the bend point. The copper nickel line runs about a dollar a foot, and if you need or want compression fittings at the joints, a double flare tool with assortment of common used fittings run about $30-$35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,121 Posts
Black_57, Use copper nickel hard line instead of stet. It’s easier to hand bend using a spring slipped over the bend point. The copper nickel line runs about a dollar a foot, and if you need or want compression fittings at the joints, a double flare tool with assortment of common used fittings run about $30-$35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree on using Nicopp tubing over aluminum tubing. I ran 3/8" NiCopp tubing from back to front. Personally, I don't like compression fittings on a car, because they are not servicable. Instead, I ran #6 AN hose from the tank to the NiCopp tubing, and joined them with a 37º single flare tube nut and sleeve. Same thing on the motor end.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
I agree on using Nicopp tubing over aluminum tubing. I ran 3/8" NiCopp tubing from back to front. Personally, I don't like compression fittings on a car, because they are not servicable. Instead, I ran #6 AN hose from the tank to the NiCopp tubing, and joined them with a 37º single flare tube nut and sleeve. Same thing on the motor end.
The exact way I ran mine using Tanks Inc. with a corvette filter regulator.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Turn the rail around. It will fit on either side.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So it seems that most people moved their fuel line to the drivers side then?

As said, I'd like to get corvette style covers. Do flipping the rail kills that.

Contemplating if I can snake from passenger side, up behind the engine then to the fuel inlet on the driver's side. Concern the routing around the passenger side header.

Then again maybe just move the line to the drivers side. It's already NiCopp so reversing some of the bends should not be too bad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably easier to run new bit of fuel line, it is pretty easy to bend.

Mine us run along the chassis rail (stock V8 location) behind the engine then to a flex line.

View attachment 339029
Roscoe how did you get your fuel line to go straight back?
Is the fuel line just turned 90 or are you using a 90 fitting?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
874 Posts
Oh man I think shipping to the USA would either cost too much or take too long. LOL
Is there an American equivalent?
Well, I don't know about the shipping and time to to ship to the US. I do know that it takes 6 days and about $30.00 coming this way so I wouldn't think that it would be too different. Yes there is an American equivalent.

The good news is that you've had all of your questions answered, promptly, and with pics ;).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts