Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know...if you can run a wolf whistle off of an external vacuum tank on a Sniper fuel injected engine? I use an additional external vacuum tank for added brake applications beyond the 2 good applications of most boosters...important if your engine shuts down for any reason, I will be able to safely stop my car. But I am toying with the idea of tapping off the reserve tank so it doesn't mess with the ECU in Sniper. Appreciate your comments in advance...
Rod56

Motor vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Auto part Gas

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I think it can be done..Vacuum is Vacuum and the tank will regulate the sudden change in drop from the use of the horn that it shouldn't affect your EFI ECU.
Do you have a port on the tank to give it a go?
Bicycle part Gas Audio equipment Metal Pipe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just thinking that the vaccuum being tapped from an external tank is not the same as vaccuum directly off the intake manifold. EFI reacts to sudden changes but it wouldn't see that if the tapping came off a tank. Wolf whistles originally tapped off of intake manifolds, but are not recommended for Computer or ECU controlled EFI engines. Am just looking for a work around...back door solution.
Rods56
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts