Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be buying some new metal working tools for the shop and I have narrowed my choices down to Woodward Fab. Some of their equipment is reasonably priced and from what I've read pretty well made. Not that I totally base my choice on this but I see Chip Foose has a lot of their stuff not only on Overhaulin but in his own shop. So yes I know they get the stuff for free but I can't see a craftsman like him using garbage tools even if he was getting them for free and maybe getting paid for it too.
But I want to know from guys like me so do any of you guys have any of their stuff and if so how do you like it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
2 years ago I needed a pipe bender for work for a single project. Had to be inexpensive, but make a quality bend ( not flat). I saw Woodward on line and sent an email asking for a sample bend. They answered right away, and sent me a sample. Long story short, their bender works great! I would certainly buy from them again. Good people to deal with.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Going to be buying some new metal working tools for the shop and I have narrowed my choices down to Woodward Fab. Some of their equipment is reasonably priced and from what I've read pretty well made. Not that I totally base my choice on this but I see Chip Foose has a lot of their stuff not only on Overhaulin but in his own shop. So yes I know they get the stuff for free but I can't see a craftsman like him using garbage tools even if he was getting them for free and maybe getting paid for it too.
But I want to know from guys like me so do any of you guys have any of their stuff and if so how do you like it?
So, specifically what equipment are you purchasing so we can give you a decent comparative should we have knowledge to share.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, specifically what equipment are you purchasing so we can give you a decent comparative should we have knowledge to share.
A shrinker stretcher, a bead roller and a Beverly or throatless sheer. I'm not 100% sold on any of the less expensive box or pan brakes so for now I'll stick with my home made creation that is as soon as its finished.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had their shrinker/stretcher for a couple years and am very happy with them. :tu
Thanks Bruce was just ready to order it and I came across a guy who has a Mitler 550 powered unit for $450 looking to see if he will take less I've used powered units before and like a foot operated model its nice to have the use of both hands

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
A shrinker stretcher, a bead roller and a Beverly or throatless sheer. I'm not 100% sold on any of the less expensive box or pan brakes so for now I'll stick with my home made creation that is as soon as its finished.
Bead roller has been fine. Not sure about heavier gauge, but 20-22ga is good

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bead roller has been fine. Not sure about heavier gauge, but 20-22ga is good
I was planning on using 18ga for the rear cargo floor section wonder if I would need to go to a heavier duty model?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I was planning on using 18ga for the rear cargo floor section wonder if I would need to go to a heavier duty model?
I don't think you need to upgrade, just don't take to big a bite at a time, so nothing flexes. Just run the piece through several times, tightening a little at a time.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think you need to upgrade, just don't take to big a bite at a time, so nothing flexes. Just run the piece through several times, tightening a little at a time.
:tu:tu:tu:tu thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts