Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a "B" pillar repair panel from Woody's, what I received was a bumper bracket!
Apparently, Woody's did not have the part I ordered, in stock, so they bought one from Cars Inc. and they were supposed to send one to me. I got the bumper bracket.
I have called Woody's twice, it's been 10 days since my first call, so far nothing has changed, no updates on what is happening to try and resolve the problem. I have spent almost $150 for a bumper bracket I don't need.
Vendors that do not provide customer service sure make things harder than they need to be.

Be aware if you buy from them.
I will not do it again.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
So I ordered a "B" pillar repair panel from Woody's, what I received was a bumper bracket!
Apparently, Woody's did not have the part I ordered, in stock, so they bought one from Cars Inc. and they were supposed to send one to me. I got the bumper bracket.
I have called Woody's twice, it's been 10 days since my first call, so far nothing has changed, no updates on what is happening to try and resolve the problem. I have spent almost $150 for a bumper bracket I don't need.
Vendors that do not provide customer service sure make things harder than they need to be.

Be aware if you buy from them.
I will not do it again.
Unfortunately this comes as no surprise to me.

·
Registered
1956 Corvette upgraded to 57 RPO 579D, including SB400, Rochester FI, Muncie, HD brakes/susp
1,637 Posts
From the very beginning of my knowledge of Woodys, I have always had this 'concern" in the back of my mind. I don't know why, nothing I could ever put my finger on, but I've always avoided them.
Kinda like Gibbs, just a gut feeling.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,392 Posts
I have called Woody's twice, it's been 10 days since my first call, so far nothing has changed, no updates on what is happening to try and resolve the problem. Vendors that do not provide customer service sure make things harder than they need to be.

Be aware if you buy from them.....I will not do it again.
I found out about their "unservice after the sale" the hard way myself.

Here is a pic of the smoothie hood that I purchased from Woody's that turned out to be too short.

Once they had my money, they didn't care.

Be aware, if you buy from them.....I will not do it again.

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you would have test fitted the hood first before you painted it, they would have taken the hood back no problem.
You can't help but slam a company for your mistake. You painted it !! you own it now !!! Any decent body guy could have pulled on the nose & got at least half if not all of the 3/16" back.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
If you would have test fitted the hood first before you painted it, they would have taken the hood back no problem.
You can't help but slam a company for your mistake. You painted it !! you own it now !!! Any decent body guy could have pulled on the nose & got at least half if not all of the 3/16" back.
Sorry but it isn't just the leading edge. The crown at the front of the fender doesn't match either. The hood sucks!

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Then why would you paint a hood that sucks??? Ohh because you didn't test fit first, if you had then none of this would have happened & the hood could have been returned.
Do you have anything to do with Woody's ?

If the HotrodHandyman tells me a part sucks, I believe Him.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
Then why would you paint a hood that sucks??? Ohh because you didn't test fit first, if you had then none of this would have happened & the hood could have been returned.
The hood should NOT have been made incorrectly in the first place. Aside from that I was not there when the hood was prepped and epoxy primed. Unless you have seen the fit first hand you have ZERO to contribute to this conversation.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you have anything to do with Woody's ?

If the HotrodHandyman tells me a part sucks, I believe Him.
I believe him
No not at all
but the part could have been sent back it it wasn't painted. It doesn't matter if it hood was made wrong he painted it now it is his to live with. 50% of of shore parts $uck but anyone that doesn't test fit anything first is ***
You tell me you would not have test fitted first ????????

·
Registered
576 Posts
The hood should NOT have been made incorrectly in the first place. Aside from that I was not there when the hood was prepped and epoxy primed. Unless you have seen the fit first hand you have ZERO to contribute to this conversation.
Ohh now I can't state the obvious he didn't test fit period........ :confused:
So the aftermarket made something that isn't a perfect fit ohh my this has to be the first time this has ever happened. I guess you don't remember Damnjunk so many parts didn't fit but it was better then nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
I believe him
No not at all
but the part could have been sent back it it wasn't painted. It doesn't matter if it hood was made wrong he painted it now it is his to live with. 50% of of shore parts $uck but anyone that doesn't test fit anything first is ***
You tell me you won't have test fitted first ???????? I
I would have mounted, and adjusted it. I would probably been just as upset as Bruce, but in the end would have been forced to fix the thing as shipping a hood is a major pain in the butt.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I would have mounted, and adjusted it. I would probably been just as upset as Bruce, but in the end would have been forced to fix the thing as shipping a hood is a major pain in the butt.
Just like they still make the 57 rear bumper center section too long --------------- test fit & see if you can live with it or ship it back. It's like most aftermarket parts have to be massaged or sent back. But they painted the hood period....
I have owned & run my business for over 40 years & you can't refund someone after they made the return part unsellable.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
Just like they still make the 57 rear bumper center section too long --------------- test fit & see if you can live with it or ship it back. It's like most aftermarket parts have to be massaged or sent back. But they painted the hood period....
I have owned & run my business for over 40 years & you can't refund someone after they made the return part unsellable.
You are saying Woody's would have paid shipping for the return?

Or are you talking out your butt?

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
So the aftermarket made something that isn't a perfect fit ohh my this has to be the first time this has ever happened. I guess you don't remember Damnjunk so many parts didn't fit but it was better then nothing.
Why did it need to be sent back before it was touched?? Most likely so they could pawn it off on another buyer. A similar situation is going on here in another thread where a cam went bad despite the proper breaking in procedures recommended by the cam manufacturer being followed by the installer on a rebuilt engine. It failed after a very short amount of miles. The installer/engine builder is DOING THE RIGHT THING for his customer and doing the job over at HIS expense. In case you have trouble figuring that out what that is, It is called CUSTOMER SERVICE and something your buddies at Woody's just don't appear to know what it is.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
you can't refund someone after they made the return part unsellable.
There it is in a nutshell, They needed it untouched so they could RESELL it to another unsuspecting buyer. That is NOT the way to run a reputable business. This failure on their part to do the right thing has cost them much more than it would have if they just took the trash part back, That is the bottom line here.

·
Premium Member
16,830 Posts
So is that what you tell your customers if something isn't right, "It is better than nothing"? Sure don't want to do business with you, You appear to have the same business model as Woody's. (n)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts