Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,836 Posts
I guess you don't remember Damnjunk so many parts didn't fit but it was better then nothing.
Unfortunately I do remember their fitment issues, I used to be a stocking dealer for their parts until I had enough complaints from buyers and Danjunk's failure to correct any issues. I did the right thing for my customers and gave them a refund no matter if they installed it or not because it was the RIGHT THING TO DO.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Bob your so classy :rolleyes:
I have no idea if they would have paid shipping ---- I never said they would- show me were I said they would pay shipping. My point is they screw the pooch when they painted the hood.
It is obvious that you are here to defend a vendor with a bad track record. I am not classy, in fact I am kind of rough around the edges.

Woody's does not offer a service that would be considered acceptable in any line of business. Good thing they have folks like you to take the heat for them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Why did it need to be sent back before it was touched?? Most likely so they could pawn it off on another buyer. A similar situation is going on here in another thread where a cam went bad despite the proper breaking in procedures recommended by the cam manufacturer being followed by the installer on a rebuilt engine. It failed after a very short amount of miles. The installer/engine builder is DOING THE RIGHT THING for his customer and doing the job over at HIS expense. In case you have trouble figuring that out what that is, It is called CUSTOMER SERVICE and something your buddies at Woody's just don't appear to know what it is.
It's not rocket science after the hood was painted it it used period....
CUSTOMER SERVICE is important but the customer isn't always right trying to return a painted hood.

I give 1 year service warranty with every job I do, years ago I went back on a job after 6 months a pipe nipple snapped off the pressure switch at the pump tank. At first I could not figure out how it broke but told them I would fix it for free. When I was almost done the owners 12 yr. old son came downstairs to watch me. I asked if he knew how it got snapped off & he said he was playing with his dads bowling ball & it bounced of the wall & hit the switch. I laughed & told him now not to bowl in the basement anymore, he said his dad told him the same thing. When I went upstairs the dad said he wanted to file a insurance claim for water damage caused by my faulty work. I asked the boy to tell his dad what he told me & dad walk out of the room. I still did not charge them for my time & labor & parts. Sometimes as a business you have to decide what is fare or not.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It is obvious that you are here to defend a vendor with a bad track record. I am not classy, in fact I am kind of rough around the edges.

Woody's does not offer a service that would be considered acceptable in any line of business. Good thing they have folks like you to take the heat for them.
Bob, I don't care what vendor it is, you can't paint a hood & then say I don't like it & expect a refund.

·
Premium Member
16,836 Posts
It's not rocket science after the hood was painted it it used period....
CUSTOMER SERVICE is important but the customer isn't always right trying to return a painted hood.

I give 1 year service warranty with every job I do, years ago I went back on a job after 6 months a pipe nipple snapped off the pressure switch at the pump tank. At first I could not figure out how it broke but told them I would fix it for free. When I was almost done the owners 12 yr. old son came downstairs to watch me. I asked if he knew how it got snapped off & he said he was playing with his dads bowling ball & it bounced of the wall & hit the switch. I laughed & told him now not to bowl in the basement anymore, he said his dad told him the same thing. When I went upstairs the dad said he wanted to file a insurance claim for water damage caused by my faulty work. I asked the boy to tell his dad what he told me & dad walk out of the room. I still did not charge them for my time & labor & parts. Sometimes as a business you have to decide what is fare or not.
Too late, You already let the cat out of the bag when you said it needed to be in "RESELLABLE" condition. That is telling everyone here reading that they would be hoping to resell it but you would "definitely" resell it. Sorry, That is NOT the right thing to do.

·
Premium Member
16,836 Posts
Bob, I don't care what vendor it is, you can't paint a hood & then say I don't like it & expect a refund.
Keep on carrying that water for them, It will get too heavy for you to do so if their lack of customer service continues.

I suppose you have an excuse for Woody's not returning the O/P messages or sending him the part he paid for. They will end up like Ecklers if they continue their crap, You can bet on it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Too late, You already let the cat out of the bag when you said it needed to be in "RESELLABLE" condition. That is telling everyone here reading that they would be hoping to resell it but you would "definitely" resell it. Sorry, That is NOT the right thing to do.
Why not ?? every company I can think of that takes back returns resells them -- Lowe's, Home Depot, Summit Racing, Jeg's What you consider a junk part may be fine for them. FYI I have nothing to do with Woodys, I just can't stand someone bashing any company for something that all then need to do was test fit to see if it fit before painting.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Just like they still make the 57 rear bumper center section too long --------------- test fit & see if you can live with it or ship it back. It's like most aftermarket parts have to be massaged or sent back. But they painted the hood period....
I have owned & run my business for over 40 years & you can't refund someone after they made the return part unsellable.
You made your point... Give it a rest.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pops @ Tri-5.com

·
Premium Member
16,836 Posts
Why not ?? every company I can think of that takes back returns resells them -- Lowe's, Home Depot, Summit Racing, Jeg's What you consider a junk part may be fine for them. FYI I have nothing to do with Woodys, I just can't stand someone bashing any company for something that all then need to do was test fit to see if it fit before painting.
Those places sell the DEFECTIVE items as USED or DEFECTIVE paint, dirt, rust or otherwise and if it don't sell they toss it in the trash. They know better than to try to pass it off as a first quality item because they know how to treat their customers.
Bottom line here, PLEASE do try and follow along. THEY DIDN'T DO THE RIGHT THING AND WILL PAY TEN FOLD IN THE LONG RUN FOR THEIR IGNORANCE AND LACK OF PROPER BUSINESS PRACTICE.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Keep on carrying that water for them, It will get too heavy for you to do so if their lack of customer service continues.

I suppose you have an excuse for Woody's not returning the O/P messages or sending him the part he paid for. They will end up like Ecklers if they continue their crap, You can bet on it.

Not my company but if I was the O/P I would call many times everyday till I got a answer. FYI dial *67 it blocks your caller ID phone #

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those places sell the DEFECTIVE items as USED or DEFECTIVE paint, dirt, rust or otherwise and if it don't sell they toss it in the trash. They know better than to try to pass it off as a first quality item because they know how to treat their customers. That is not true of returns in the same shape as bought.
Bottom line here, PLEASE do try and follow along. THEY DIDN'T DO THE RIGHT THING AND WILL PAY TEN FOLD IN THE LONG RUN FOR THEIR IGNORANCE AND LACK OF PROPER BUSINESS PRACTICE.
That is your opinion

·
Premium Member
16,836 Posts
No it is fact because I have personally diverted customers that would have spent much more with them than that hood cost to other sellers and will continue to do so. Could be your statements that Woody's is doing the correct thing is also your opinion, I'm sure many here will not agree with you. I know what I do and have always done in nearly 50 years of having my own business is make the customer happy EVERY TIME.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts