Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
50,562 Posts
Ok guys, y`all need to agree to disagree on this topic. Any more posts from the offenders and i`ll start deleting posts. I`m pretty sure the OP would like it to stay open.
Thank Y`all for understanding,Terry.

·
Premium Member
6,904 Posts
This is funny....I just went to the mailbox and what did I find...a brand new catalog from.....wait for it......" Woodys"...lol

They really do have a nice catalog, pictures and all....

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Woody's is going to experience same issues as anyone else doing well. Not enough stock, poor stock, lack of help & lack of QC. It happens time & time again. It's a fault of success without enough time and people to have the infrastructure in place to handle the added business. In this case, taking of Danchuk's workload.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,432 Posts
Woody's is going to experience same issues as anyone else doing well. Not enough stock, poor stock, lack of help & lack of QC. It happens time & time again. It's a fault of success without enough time and people to have the infrastructure in place to handle the added business. In this case, taking of Danchuk's workload.
JMHO...However, so far I've never been disappointed with Mutton Hollow Chevys or East Coast Chevy, Inc

·
55,432 Posts
What part does the OP need? Maybe we can help him out
So I ordered a "B" pillar repair panel from Woody's, what I received was a bumper bracket!
Apparently, Woody's did not have the part I ordered, in stock, so they bought one from Cars Inc. and they were supposed to send one to me. I got the bumper bracket.
I have called Woody's twice, it's been 10 days since my first call, so far nothing has changed, no updates on what is happening to try and resolve the problem. I have spent almost $150 for a bumper bracket I don't need.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
From his original post; "So I ordered a "B" pillar repair panel from Woody's, what I received was a bumper bracket!"

Not sure which side or body style and if it was a full pillar or just the lower section.
Hey - both parts start with a "B", so what's the problem? :p :p :p

(end of obvious sarcasm)

·
Registered
1957 2 door 210 Delray Club Coupe with 1973 corvette 350 and turbo 350 automatic transmission
135 Posts
about woodyz i would stay away from their power steering conversion kit. went through 3 pumps to get one that wouldnt leak then the hoses had bad flairs that leaked. all this did get straightened out but took the better part of 3 months.I think they are nice people but overwhelmed since danchuck closed. just my 2 cents

·
55,432 Posts
I think they are nice people but overwhelmed since danchuck closed. just my 2 cents
I have to disagree....Woody's has not been affected by the Danchuk situation any worse than any of the other vendors that carry their parts.

See this link: danchuck gone. where now?
Font Parallel Advertising Electric blue Rectangle

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
961 Posts
Maybe not an equal comparison but Blueprint Engines gave us zero hassle in returning a part they didn't make. They were prepared to deal with part failures regardless of the maker. Holley cranked out tons of Sniper Injection units but didn't have any spare parts on hand to repair them. Blueprint ate Holley's problem without saying anything about it being installed wrong or tuned wrong. I posted how pleased I am with them. If/when I want another engine I know where I'll go. Like Davidc Woody's also sent me a beautiful catalog and it showed all kind of expensive products. (All it lacked was a scratch and sniff page.) This post has raised big red flag concerns for me. Customer service counts, ignoring calls and stalling counts too, in a bad way.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ok guys, y`all need to agree to disagree on this topic. Any more posts from the offenders and i`ll start deleting posts. I`m pretty sure the OP would like it to stay open.
Thank Y`all for understanding,Terry.
Terry, If you close the thread, what am I going to do with all this popcorn?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Wow! Seems like I started a spit ball barrage! To update my 'Woody' situation. I received a reply from 'Speed Kils'. Don't know who he is, he didn't say, but apparently, he works at Woody's? He apologized for the problem and apparently worked to fix it. I have received an email stating a package is coming from Cars Inc. The part I ordered is on it's way, I am assuming. Too bad it took social media to get it done, but I gave them a chance, twice, to fix it without all the bad publicity here. From what I have read here so far, this seems not to be a rare occurrence with them, too bad.
Now, I just hope the new part fits. I don't like my chances given the problems others have had. Live, learn, and remember, not to make the same mistake twice!
Thanks for all the replies. Customer service does count, more than some employees may know.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
So how many 1956 Chevy 'B' pillar stamping dies do you think exist in the world? For sure at least a couple from GM were made, still around? Used up? How many companies made their own die at what cost? I can attest to the long process to make a tooling die, at least back in the early '80's, I worked in that industry for a short time. What company today has the $$$ to do that? I suspect most, if not all of our repair panels come from only 1 or 2 stamping plants? Yes? No? And they are probably quite used up by now, if from back in the 1950's.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,488 Posts
Wow what a lot of comments since I last tuned in. I too got that same parts book. Don't know why.....never bought anything from them. I know
too much back story to buy from them, even before Woody's was formed.

Mikey

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is funny....I just went to the mailbox and what did I find...a brand new catalog from.....wait for it......" Woodys"...lol

They really do have a nice catalog, pictures and all....
I got their catalog yesterday. Tossed it in the trash. I already learned the hard way that their customer service is unacceptable.

I recently purchased a smoothie hood. I read what happened to Pops. So, I checked with a few retailers (Woody's, RDS, etc.). What I learned is that the retailers all sell the same sheet metal parts. Golden Star makes them. I contacted Golden Star, asked a few questions and then ordered directly from them. Golden Star actually has a good return policy if needed. I had no complaints with their customer service or communications.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts