Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope there is no problem posting this on here,:confused0006: but thought I would show you guys what I just finished up! First off a little history at how I got into this. My Dad took a two week course in bladesmithing and one week course on damascus steel. He is going for his journeymans and masters stamp. He is building some beautiful knives and is waaay ahead of me! Being a hunter and outdoorsman myself I thought I would give it a try.:confused0006: The large bowie knife my dad hand forged the blade and I finished the shapeing and sanding of the blade,built the guard and done the handle.:D But the small skinning knife I just finished up was done by me from drawing the design to the finished product you see here!:happy0030: This is alot harder and time consumeing than most people can imagine,:eek:just like the time and work in our cars! Anyway I just thought I would share this with you guys.Hunting season is just around the corner and I know I am not the only one getting antsy!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Looks good if you can make a knife that look that good you should try and make some cool parts for you car.:tu

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,482 Posts
Looks good.

and Hunting season here opened Saturday (first weekend of Bow season)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hunting season is around the corner in North Carolina and they just gave us the OK to use cross-bows. Should be an interesting season. Charles :wavey:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Beautiful work.

I've had a passion for knives ever since I was young. I have a collection that includes a few antiques knives as well as a lot of new ones.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I thought they looked good so I showed em to my son who is an avid knife collector. He thought they were more beutiful than any car! Of course he's a little crazy - he does take after his Mom ya know.

Great job!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Pieces of art:happy0030: Later, Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts