Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not knowing exactly where or what kind he is....OH I HAAAATTTE snakes...Opened the door tonight in time to see a tail slither off. Couldn't get a good look at the booger. Probably a rat snake, but we saw a copperhead the other week by the pool....

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I went to the chicken coop last week and started to pick up an egg and discovered it had a snake attached to it. The snake had just started wrapping its mouth around the egg before I removed him. I believe it was a Chicken snake which was about 5 ft long. The egg survived and is happy. I tend to approach the coop more cautiously now after that.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Snakes in the garage. Yikes. What hunts snakes? Mongoose? Get something that eats snakes as a pet! :anim_25:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
The only good snake is a dead snake... Later, dave

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
The only good snake is a dead snake... Later, dave
Roger that. We have rattlesnakes around our property during the summertime, and I have killed some big mothers. We have also had the occasional rash of baby rattlesnakes which can be even worse, especially since I have two little boys that like to run around barefoot. Every morning when I get up I walk the perimeter of the house, as well as when I get home from work and in the evenings. I plan on building an extension onto my old garage to move all my hobby cars there, and I'll probably adopt a cat or two just to take care of the rodents and alert me to any large snakes. My cat saved my mom several years ago from a 7-foot rattlesnake, but got bit by another one a few years later. She survived but was never the same.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
They are creepy all right, makes me glad there are no snakes in New Zealand.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
My shop guard snake..

Meet Slippery. He/she is about 4', loves to watch me work on the 55. Never comments about my work, stays out of my way.:sign0020:

BTW, there are no rodents in the place...
Leave the rat and king snakes alone, and the rattlers will make themselves scarce....
And, that's NOT a rubber snake!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
you'll run out of ammo before you'll run out of snakes . barn cats work well. if you have lizards , frogs or mice you have snakes.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Worse than having a snake in the shop???

not knowing where it is!:sign0020:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
There is another black snake in my shop. I take a flashlight to look under everything before I stick my hand under there. If you have a overhead door they will like to lay in the panels to warm up. Found that out when a copperhead came falling down right next to me. I think I peed a little on that one and now open the door from the outside.

I let the black snake stay because of mice and other snakes. He still scares the heck out of me. If you are trying to get one outside or from under a cabinet, you the air gun with your compressor. The blast of air will get them moving.

I hate finding small snakes, just me more and the mother is around somewhere.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Worse than having a snake in the shop???

Crabs in your pants!!! :sign0020:

Snakes don't bother me none...use to pick the little ones up as a kid, and keep them in my pockets, BUT, that there fella in that boat, WHOA!!!...there would have been some mighty fast rowing to get to shore!!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Found out the clearing the land off of any overbrush, debris and packrat nests eliminated the rattlesnake problem for us..........but the shotgun is always close by!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Meet Slippery. He/she is about 4', loves to watch me work on the 55. Never comments about my work, stays out of my way.:sign0020:

BTW, there are no rodents in the place...
Leave the rat and king snakes alone, and the rattlers will make themselves scarce....
And, that's NOT a rubber snake!
That is a king snake. :anim_25:bowtie-trifive:gba:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts