Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
11,919 Posts
So, the manufacturing business has been sold? Retail is gone, but Danchuk no longer exists completely?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,463 Posts
DanChuck has been for sale for more than 5 years. They wanted a HUGE amount.

Below is all the info on Halladay

·
Registered
38,748 Posts
Well, we have more pieces here to the "rest of the story". I'm thinking the buyer didn't want the retail part of the business, or that was eliminated from the sale in negotiations to reduce the sale price. So the Danchuk brothers just liquidated it separately. I assume they had some real estate associated with the company too - that probably wasn't part of the deal - or was it?

I'm also guessing the name will live on.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
11,919 Posts
Since they were the “sponsors” of the Nationals with Woodys, I wonder if that will come to a screeching halt or if Woodys will take it over completely and drop the Danchuk name from the Nats.

·
Premium Member
16,825 Posts
DanChuck has been for sale for more than 5 years. They wanted a HUGE amount.

Below is all the info on Halladay

Not much info other than it is a brand new company (LLC) as of 8/22/22 with no history. Only time will tell as to how this ends.

We already know the Danchuk brothers flat out lied when they said they were keeping the manufacturing end. A deal like this don't happen that quick so they knew they were lying to everyone when the retail end shut down. Hopefully the new owner isn't deceptive like the brothers were.

·
Registered
68 Posts
First the Danchuck brothers have a right to retire and I'm grateful for their contribution to the hobby. I don't think they are liars either. I believe they thought they would continue the manufacturing since they couldn't find a buyer even though they were in hopes they would find the right person to continue the manufacturing. When that person came along they made a logical deciscion and sold it to someone that is going to continue with it. Let's give them a chance.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The information on the new owner shows he owns at least three companies, none of which are manufacturing. I suspect this is a holding company. Holding companies acquire businesses and operate them until they can find a permanent owner at a profit. The original company continues to operate but under new management. In this case they probably promoted someone in the manufacturing side to fill the role of President of the company. This is a common practice where business owners want to retire but can't find a buyer on their own. Continuing the business as manufacturing and selling to distributors is easier to manage than manufacturing and retail sales. And it retains the core value of the company which is manufacturing.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. I've lived through it. The common issue is that the holding company typically will not invest in new infrastructure or improvements. The holding company will want to decrease operating costs and increase profits (growth) to make the company more attractive to potential buyers. I suspect the parts will continue to be sold under the old company name because of name recognition.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts