Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I work for a local community college and if you have been watching the news you heard the story and know the college. Students started running in the building of which I work and yelling he's got a gun. I looked up and the guy comes in automatic weapon full on swat like gear. I thought why is this cop scaring students then I said a cop would not do that. So I started backing up and my co worker open our cash room all the employees and students near us to got in the room. Man this guy was standing 3 feet for me and I yell close the doors, close the door. My co worker close the door and this mofo said " I gonna count to five and if you don't come out I will start shooting. He counted to five and shots ring out about 9 rounds through the door and walls all around us. Not one person was injured thank god. We set there for about two hours until the police said everything was clear. There are victims I don't know how many or if they are dead. But I'm feeling blessed today that all of my co workers are alive. Thats not the whole story only what I experience.

Be safe out there guys because there are some nuts out there for real.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dude my only thought was this is it. But I'm thankful for noticing a cop would not scare people like that because he was dressed like swat but his behavior was anything but a cop and my co work ran and opened that cash room and the other people listened and got in there. The mofo opened fired on a room full of women and 20 year old boy and me.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Thank God you got out of that mess. Guess its time for the campus to part with a little coin for security cameras and some guards.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
BAM,

So glad to hear you are okay, that had to be freakin' terrifying.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We have a fully staffed police force that also works closely with the local police. They responded quickly and I'm sure we would not be here if that mofo had time to ensure that we were dead. I mean what can you do when a nut walks on campus goes in a building and starts shooting at innocent people? All you can do is respond. I was just hoping they got there.

Let tell you something. When the police finally came to the room and said open the door I said to everyone do not open that door because I not sure whos out there. Then a cop that I'm friendly with said " I will use my key" I saw that lock turn and I was ready to pounce and then I saw the most beautiful man ever for one day. It was the cop I'm friends with and I told his wife who also works there. Today your husband is the most handsome man I ever saw.lol
I'm so glad the the local cops brought him with them to get us out because it put us all at ease to see a familiar face.

7,080 Posts
Too many crazies nowdays. Glad you and your group were spared. Prayers to all involved. Lloyd :bowtier:

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Glad you are ok.
You actions were heroic.:congrats:
Clear thinking under duress.
Be sure to take advantage of any debriefing or counseling that may be offered there. The sooner the better for all involved.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Glad you are ok.
You actions were heroic.:congrats:
Clear thinking under duress.
Be sure to take advantage of any debriefing or counseling that may be offered there. The sooner the better for all involved.
No hero here buddy. Just glad my co worker opened that cash room door and so glad that that door was thick and had a lock. I'm sure there would have been 9 more victims if she had not opened that door.

What really had me going was being in a room with no exit. So the only thing on my mind was what to do if he got in that room. So after the rounds were shot the younger guy and I pushed the safe against the door. My thinking was if he did shoot the lock he would need to use his body to open the door and that meant he could not take good aim and if that door open I was going for broke. That is the only thing that was on my mind I was just looking at that door and telling them to be quiet because all we had was our ears.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
No hero here buddy. Just glad my co worker opened that cash room door and so glad that that door was thick and had a lock. I'm sure there would have been 9 more victims if she had not opened that door.

What really had me going was being in a room with no exit. So the only thing on my mind was what to do if he got in that room. So after the rounds were shot the younger guy and I pushed the safe against the door. My thinking was if he did shot the lock he would need to use his body to open the door and that meant he could not take good aim and if that door open I was going for broke. That is the only thing that was on my mind I was just looking at that door and telling them to be quiet because all we had was our ears.
:):tu Glad to hear you and those near you made it through this OK, Bam. Thanks to your co-worker and yourself, 9 lives were spared.

Your instincts were correct. If there is no other place to go, you rush him en masse and take him out. He may get some of you, but if most of you act quickly and decisively, he won't get all of you. Glad it didn't come to that.

Best regards and G-d bless,

Harry

·
Registered
265 Posts
Man! Bam That had to be Scary. I Feel that You Saved Some of those People by Your Actions. Whats up with some people in the World today. I Hope you Hugged your Kids a Little Tighter Today. Prayers with the People who were Hurt.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Bam, you're quick thinking saved lives that day!!!

Dude my only thought was this is it. But I'm thankful for noticing a cop would not scare people like that because he was dressed like swat but his behavior was anything but a cop and my co work run and opened that cash room and the other people listened and got in there. The mofo opened fired on a room full of women and 18 year old and me.
Bam, wow! thank the good Lord you and your co-workers are okay, and thanks to your quick thinking, you saved lives on that day my friend!! :congrats:

BDR...:tu:shakehands:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Bam I just saw that on the news this morning and thought about you. man I'm glad to see you and you'r co worker's are ok. As you know I also work at UT never thought that I would wont to carry my gun to work (I do have a permit) but it seam's like when people go crazzy they end up at some college. Buddy thank god you'r ok now take a few day's off and spend some time with you'r family. :blowtiedb:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.