Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a deluxe heater control assy. Good but not perfect chrome necessary. To be used in vintage air conversion. Levers will be replaced so that's not an issue if they are damaged.

HAVE PURCHASED A NICE UNIT FROM A TRIFIVE MEMBER. THANKS

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Looking for a deluxe heater control assy. Good but not perfect chrome necessary. To be used in vintage air conversion. Levers will be replaced so that's not an issue if they are damaged.

PM if you have. Thanks
I have the deluxe bezel but that is it, if you would like, i will dig it out and take a pic for ya....

Rick

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
55's and 56's are slightly different. Do you have a preference. I should have one, especially if you are willing to replace the levers. I would need to check the face to make sure of condition.

Hotroddder

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
55's and 56's are slightly different. Do you have a preference. I should have one, especially if you are willing to replace the levers. I would need to check the face to make sure of condition.

Hotroddder
HMMMM!!! did not realize they were a little different, learn something new everyday....:)

Here is the 55 bezel i have, maybe somebody will have the complete assemble for ya....

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick replies.

Hotrodder: It's going in a '55 but I think the Vintage Air modifies either. I'd like one with levers even if broken so I have all the hardware. I'd appreciate you seeing what you have.

Maddogs1965: Thanks but I need the whole assembly.

Bam bam: I don't want to be too picky but if it's not too much work I'd appreciate you checking.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The differences that I remember are the wiring for the heater switch and the way the cables attach. The 55's use a feed threw straight end cable that attaches with a screw and the 56's use a loop that goes around a stud on the lever.

I am not sure what kind of cable end the Vintage air would prefer. Probably will accommodate both.

Hotroddder

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the kit is the same for 55-56 and that there are parts included for 55 and 56 so either one would likely be okay. Therefore the best looking face would be best. The lens gets replaced so that's not important.

Thanks for your knowledge.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
I know the kit is the same for 55-56 and that there are parts included for 55 and 56 so either one would likely be okay. Therefore the best looking face would be best. The lens gets replaced so that's not important.

Thanks for your knowledge.
My Gen IV was all fly bye wire, and the plastic ends for the new electronic controls hooked onto the stud that was at the end of the 55 lever controls....

Rick

·
Registered
623 Posts
The differences that I remember are the wiring for the heater switch and the way the cables attach. The 55's use a feed threw straight end cable that attaches with a screw and the 56's use a loop that goes around a stud on the lever.

I am not sure what kind of cable end the Vintage air would prefer. Probably will accommodate both.

Hotroddder

Right on Hotrodder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.