Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,380 Posts
wtb a pair of 799 heads.:)
Man I haven't got any. These are hard to come buy.

One thing to note is the 799 and 243's are the same castings. All the new 2007 up Gen IV trucks 5.3L have these heads! I have even seen a truck with a 799 on one side and a 243 on the other on the same truck.

But here's the LS6 243 new $445.85.
http://sdparts.com/details/gm-performance-parts/12564824

What you putting it on BTW?

If its a 6.0L there are better stock heads.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I haven't got any. These are hard to come buy.

One thing to note is the 799 and 243's are the same castings. All the new 2007 up Gen IV trucks 5.3L have these heads! I have even seen a truck with a 799 on one side and a 243 on the other on the same truck.

But here's the LS6 243 new $445.85.
http://sdparts.com/details/gm-performance-parts/12564824

What you putting it on BTW?

If its a 6.0L there are better stock heads.
they are for a 6.0 that im building for the 57!

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,380 Posts
they are for a 6.0 that im building for the 57!
Buy a set of L92/LS3 heads they are the best flowing stock head way better than the LS6 779/243!!! And are only $375 EACH!!!! They are designed for the larger (4.0in bore) 6.0L and up motors.

http://sdparts.com/details/12629063

Only thing is you have to run a L92 truck intake or a LS3 intake as those heads have the square intake ports.

With those heads an LS3 intake and a cam you'll make 500+ HP easy!

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,380 Posts
Take a look at this www.gmpartsdirect.com they are only $306.00 Great price on all GM parts.
Yeah but watch it they charge $73 bucks each just for S&H on those head!!! And if you buy two they charge another $73 for the other head as well.

So it ends up being the same price.

Thats were GM parts direct gets you.

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,380 Posts
Also LS1man you will gain Compression ratio with those heads over the 317 as they have 72cc stock chambers and the 799/243 at 64.45cc. If you have the LQ9 pistons it might be to high a compression ratio. Like 12:1 but an LQ4 with dished pistion it might be 10.5:1.

But the 317's and 243's have the same ports, only difference is the combustion chamber size.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah but watch it they charge $73 bucks each just for S&H on those head!!! And if you buy two they charge another $73 for the other head as well.

So it ends up being the same price.

Thats were GM parts direct gets you.
I see that, I order alot from them. They are not like that all the time. Must be the heads.

I'd call them and check and see if that is right. Maybe a glitch.

Whats the shipping from the other place free?

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,380 Posts
I see that, I order alot from them. They are not like that all the time. Must be the heads.

I'd call them and check and see if that is right. Maybe a glitch.

Whats the shipping from the other place free?
No glitch, they are like that on all there larger items even some of the small stuff is just like that sometimes.

I buy select things from them mostly small stuff. They are cheaper than my local dealer though.

Just want everyone to look at the S&H when they buy stuff from them.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I think somehow it was in the regular posts??? I thought that I had learned my lesson on the one below a new/active post.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,414 Posts
It was some spammer that dug through the depths to try to scam someone that pulled it back up. No worries.

Reactions: upsrod

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It was some spammer that dug through the depths to try to scam someone that pulled it back up. No worries.
In your admin software, are you able to automatically lock threads that have been inactive for a certain time? This works well on other forums I'm on.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,414 Posts
In your admin software, are you able to automatically lock threads that have been inactive for a certain time? This works well on other forums I'm on.
I wish. They’ve deactivated that at the owner level. We used to have that feature but we have to do it manually now.

For every single thread…..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts