Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
483 Posts
Here's wishing your Dad the best in this. Good for you taking on Dads dream and tell him I love those moon-eyes. I had some on a couple of my cars, there's just something about those goofy looking things that I love. If I remember right the first ones I had were the hot water decals type. I always wanted to make them cross-eyed but couldn't figure out how. Try to keep a ;ot of laughter in life, it's great medicine.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
The car looks pretty complete. Piece of unsolicited advice? Get it running and driving before deciding on blowing it apart. So many cars get disassembled to the point reassembly takes years or never gets done.
Make it run. Make it safe. Make it run how you want (fast, stock, quiet- whatever it is you like). Then make it pretty.
Blowing the car into a million pieces in order to do everything at once is tempting, but the scope of the project can easily spiral out of control. It can get expensive, and it’s easy to get over your head.
Just my $.02, and hope it doesn’t sound pessimistic or patronizing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The car looks pretty complete. Piece of unsolicited advice? Get it running and driving before deciding on blowing it apart. So many cars get disassembled to the point reassembly takes years or never gets done.
Make it run. Make it safe. Make it run how you want (fast, stock, quiet- whatever it is you like). Then make it pretty.
Blowing the car into a million pieces in order to do everything at once is tempting, but the scope of the project can easily spiral out of control. It can get expensive, and it’s easy to get over your head.
Just my $.02, and hope it doesn’t sound pessimistic or patronizing.
It was running and driving. It's motor was yanked for something else to be put in. So now we are pulling it apart to prep, and strip it all for a new coat of paint. Other than that. I'll look into Interior as I go.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts