Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. A long time dream has come true for me as I am the proud owner of a red 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr hardtop. My wife allowed me to make a bid for her on ebay and lo and behold, she is mine. This is my first go with a classic car after having worked on "Ricers" and VW's even though my dad brought me home when I was born in a 1967 GTO and learned oil change "how-to" on his 1969 Mustang Mach 1.
Anyway, I am in the Army, stationed on Fort Irwin (aka the Hell Hole) in the Ca. dessert. I belong to a local car club here in Barstow, CA, The Saturday Night Cruisers. Its great belonging to a car club where you just show up, talk cars, cruise down route 66 and talk cars some more. Looking forward to providing and receiving lots-O technical help and making great friends.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,829 Posts
Good to have you here! Never went to Irwin, I spent all of my time at Camp Guernsey, WY and Ft. Benning. Have fun with the resto!
Eldon

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Ft.Irwin, My old unit from Vietnam is there, the 11thACR.

You know saying I worked on Ricers, is Like saying I was a sinner and now I have seen the Light.

Welcome to Trifive

Otis:)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you!

BTW I tried to respond to this post this morning but it was locked!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Maybe it had just been posted...is there a short delay before someone can reply to a new thread?

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,829 Posts
It was locked for more than a couple of hours... I figured Tri5GI locked it accidentally while creating it. I have done things like that before. Welcome again and remember, no pics, didn't happen. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry about that

Yes I did lock out the thread. I didn't know what I was doing when I did it, but being a human with male DNA, I didn't ask for instructions when I should have. Oh well, now I know what not to do.

Hey TriFive, the 11th ACR is still here, only now they are deployable where as before they were not. I myself am on my way to Korea in December, bummer. Going to be surrounded by an entire civilization that can't drive.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,829 Posts
Ahh... Korea.... Never went and considered myself lucky. But I guess it is better than Diego Garcia or Ft. Wainwright, AK... Just watch your six with all that is heating up over there.
Eldon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Again

Well thanks guys. I got to be honest though, my job in the Army does not take me into the Lion's Den so to speak. My job is Traffic Management Coordinator. I am basically the Fed-Ex man for the Army. You know, just point, click and ship. Except there is considerably more clicking when shipping 3-400 M1A2 Abram Main Battle Tanks. I handle all of the issues involved with such a move. Solicitation for a carrier, customs clearances, flight patterns and landing rights, port call rights, you know, the works.
I get to do this far from the fighting, usually in a rail yard, ship terminal or airport.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome

Welcome, From A Vet. Thanks For Your Service! And Enjoy That 57. I Served With The 1st Infantry Div (Big Red One) 3rd 63 Armor. 68-71 Vietnam Era Vet. Went From A Tank To A 55 Shoebox -----Doug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.