Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Build thread for my 1956 moredoor project … GearHeadJake

280K views 1K replies 100 participants last post by  belairv8 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m very excited for the build to begin. I still find it hard to believe that I now have a trifive to call my own. I thought I would start off with a ‘little’ picture history that I know about the car.

Picture as Hafrod found the car…

Picture of the car as Hafrod’s daily driver…

Picture of Hafrods teardown …

Picture of how we bought it in Oklahoma…

Picture of us bringing it home to Ohio…

Picture of the ’56 in our driveway with my dad (belairv8) and grandpa waiting for unloading…

Car is now in dad’s shop. Immediate Plans are to disassemble the car, paint and finish the frame in black and underbody. I will post pictures as we progress. We are preparing the front end parts for paint this week. Will post more pictures soon… now off to do my homework!

What a great early 15th birthday present this '56 is!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Jake....:anim_25: on your build....Looks like Hafrod sent the car to a good home, since you are on bowtie-trifive already.....Keep us posted buddy (with pics of course).

#7 ·
:tu:tu

#16 ·
Congratulations on your new project! I brought my first ride home in peices at age 15 and I felt like a king. I'm excited for you and I hope you feel the same way I did. You picked a great first car. Having a solid body and all those extra parts puts you miles ahead of those of us that start out with cars that need floors,trunks,etc. I'm looking forward to watching you and your family put your car together. What are your plans for paint/wheels and a powertrain?

#28 · (Edited)
Got to work on the '56 a little today and visit with another trifive member. F.I. 57 Belair stopped over to check out the project. Had a nice visit with him. We also got some of the front end components painted (a arms, steering linkage, springs, etc.) New ball joints ready to install. Hoping to get more work done tommorrow and post some pics.

#29 ·
Jake, It was great to get a chance to view your project and visit with you, your dad and Jim your grandfather. That is a very good project you bought from Hafrod. I think you got a great deal on it and it will make for a fantastic first Trifive project and when finished will make you the envy of all the other kids in your class. Good luck with it and do not be afraid to call if I can help you out.
Tom

#33 · (Edited)
Spent the day in the shop with my dad and grandpa, we got the ball joints installed on the painted a arms and wanted to get the front splash apron done before finishing the disassembly. Hafrod had started some modification and we took that and the extra splash apron and finished the modification, we needed to widen the center area to fit under the front mounted radiator. Below are several pictures showing what we did. It is all tack welded now (sorry no pictures yet of that) but it will still look original, just 4 inches wider. Still has all the original mounting holes and look. Will post more pictures once we get it welded up and ready to finish. We also began the underbody prep for paint. Sorry for the the poor pics, tried to use my Ipad to document.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.