Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

TORE-UP NOW!-Updates

385K views 2K replies 149 participants last post by  Pops @ Tri-5.com 
#1 ·
What started out as a front suspension rebuild, has turned into a case of the "might as well's"....Now it has progressed into a complete under the hood and front frame restoration project....Man, I've got it really tore up now! OMG, what have I done :argh:

See less See more
#8 ·
I'm afraid so Terry.....I have promised myself that the engine will not be coming out this time around.....Will have to do the firewall the best I can.

#35 ·
OH I totally second that one. How many times have you gone to do one simple thing and ended up doing ten things around it. Not to mention all that extra cost. At least it will all be good as new now. :p3::p3:

#7 ·
Been there, done that. I know how it goes.
Good luck David!
:tu

#11 ·
Hey guys, my bet is David has the engine out of the car within three weeks. Anyone else agree?

:anim_25:bowtie-trifive
I agree! The firewall would be lot easier job with the engine out!!

#13 ·
Hey guys, my bet is David has the engine out of the car within three weeks. Anyone else agree?
I say in a week or less.;) He won`t be happy with the results with the engine in the way.
Terry

#17 ·
I say tomorrow. :sign0020:

#20 ·
What started out as a front suspension rebuild, has turned into a case of the "might as well's"....Now it has progressed into a complete under the hood and front frame restoration project....OMG! What have I done :argh:

In the words of Laurel & Hardy "This is another fine mess you got me in" :anim_25:with the project David... Later, Dave

#22 ·
Pull it, pull it, pull it, pull it.
:sign0020:

#24 ·
Slow But Sure

Got the right inner fender and splash pan sanded down.....Almost the complete forward frame done....Should finish the frame and start on the right inner fender this afternoon.

#27 ·
They pull motors in less than 20 minutes on Car warriors,coarse they have 8 guys.Good luck POPS.I wish I read the instructions for my new guages when I had my back seats out to do my seat belts,now they have to come out again.Got to think it through.Your neighbor,Tim.

#31 ·
At some point down the road, I will be replacing the engine in the '55....At that time, I will pull the doghouse off and paint the firewall red to match the car...So, until then, this will have to do.]

#32 ·
Doing it all the work on the '55 in my driveway, as I only have a one car garage.....Right now, the '57 is sitting in there, waiting for me....Talk about job security :)

#33 ·
On to the Firewall

Got the inner fenders completed.....So, it was on the firewall today.....Had no more excuses to put it off any longer.....Sanding and scraping; sanding and scraping....As you can see, I started on the right side first....Decided I will remove the hood to get around the hood hinges....Also, it looks like I can slide the engine a few inches forward to get behind it some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.